Thursday, February 01, 2007

TIFFANY'S: LA STYLE

Originally, I met her at at a Christmas Crafts Fair. I came to buy gifts for friends, but all that went out the window when I saw the jewelry.

At the table by the door sat a beautiful young lady, Lisa Rocha, the owner/jewelry maker of Ilaments.

She was charming and her work was stunning. I went straight for a pair of drop earrings. She told me that they symbolized balance. She had me at "balance". They must have been one of kind because they aren't featured on the website (those pictured to the left are the same stone, but not the style mentioned).

The stone was Carnelian, which is said to have the capacity to calm a troubled spirit and bring about inner peace.

I was also drawn to a silver link bracelet, with a carved red wooden heart charm. Part of her Day of the Dead “Cempazuchitl” Collection.

As I picked it up to admire, she smiled and said "A kind of Latina Tiffanys yes?".

“Cempazuchit -Nahuatl word meaning “the flower with four hundred lives” referring to it’s seeds. Marigolds are a significant symbol for Day of the Dead and are known as the “flower of the dead”. Their scent is believed to attract the souls and draw them back home.

It's not too late to own a limited edition piece, and on sale too!

For more info call: 323.257.2512 or
Go to www.imixbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment