Friday, February 02, 2007

CAN LOVE BE FOUND IN A LOFT? WEDDING FENG SHUI FOR DUMMIES

Lookin' for love in all the wrong places...

Bought a little book on the Feng Shui of love:  Feng Shui Do's and Taboos for Love.  I can only assume it's over-simplified for pop consumption..but that I am the target audience. A once-again single, middle-class anglo girl with time on her hands (and who has $8.95 to spare for an impulse purchase).

The book offers do's and don'ts to help optimize your home for love. Intent on applying the advice as soon as possible, I poured over the text as if it might hold the answers to the universe.
My home is (as you know by now or could assume by the blog's title) a Loft. I soon found out I would have my work cut out for me!

Here are some of the do's and don'ts Angi Ma Wong offers:

  • Don't place your bed at the short wall of a pitched ceiling.


  • Do avoid geometric shapes, especially triangles in your bedroom...decor.


  • Don't make a room with irregularly angled walls your bedroom.


  • Don't choose a bedroom with high or cathedral ceilings.


  • Don't choose a home in which the master bedroom is in the front of the house facing the street. It should be protected in the rear.

    To appreciate the relevance of this to my abode check out pics of the loft in question in these earlier posts:


  • LINCOLN HEIGHTS LOFT-MENT


  • LUMINOUS LINCOLN HEIGHTS LOFT


  • Angi goes on to warn:


    Don't adorn your home with morbid or depressing ...images

    Hmmm, do you think the skeleton wedding couple counts? Let's just say I have put away my Dia del los Muertos objects just in case.

    A side note: Back in the early 90's I took a Feng Shui course of the discipline known as the Black Hat school. The teachers (two Berkeley-esque white guys) were a little defensive about their right to teach this traditionally secret material. After a disturbing experience after chanting the "Kundalini rising" prayer to raise energy, and the "heart opening" prayer to open to the pain of the universe, I decided the objectors might have a point.

    I do recommend the following book (as opposed to the pop version above) for those interested in a less superficial pursuit of the art of Feng Shui. At first glace this book appears to be an interior decoration/feng shui text, but instead is filled with the rituals, chants and intents almost never addressed in the Feng Shui Fad Books.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment